Nurturing the young: Chinese Medicine principles to help children thrive – a CPD day via Zoom on 5th November
This is a day for both practitioners and parents who are interested in how to help children develop into resilient and healthy adults.
Over 1300 years ago, Sūn Sīmião wrote extensively about the importance of nurturing the young. These days, parents are faced with an overwhelming amount of often contradictory advice about how to raise happy and healthy children. Yet somehow, we find ourselves with a generation of children many of whom are unhappy and/or chronically ill.
This online talk will look at why it is vital that babies and children get what they need in the first years of life: what they need and how to go about giving it to them. We will see how the wisdom of Chinese medicine can be applied to today’s children and how it can help them to thrive.
You will come away with:
- An understanding of the unique nature of childhood and children according to Chinese medicine
- An understanding of aspects of 21st century life that may hinder a child’s growth and development
- Practical hints and tips which are easy to implement to promote healthy development
- Effective, non-needling methods to help children through acute illnesses
- A way of using the 5 element model to create ‘bespoke’ lifestyle advice for every child
This talk is hosted by the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine. To sign up, please visit: http://www.acupuncturecollege.org.uk/cpd-courses/nurturing-the-young-chinese-medicine-principles-to-help-children-thrive/